How does Escrow work?
Buy and sell domain names with the protection of the Escrow.com shield
Whether you’re buying or selling domain names, Escrow.com will protect you against fraud, deception, and irresponsibility.
As the largest online licensed and audited escrow operator, Escrow.com safely hold the Buyer’s payment in a trust account until the entire transaction is complete. That way, Buyers can be confident the domain will be registered in their name and Sellers can be sure they’ll be paid.
The benefits of Domain Escrow
Since the Buyer pays to Escrow.com and Escrow.com can withhold payment until we’re satisfied the domain name has been transferred by the Seller. One of the ways Escrow.com does this is by checking the WHOIS database of the appropriate Registrar to make certain it properly reflects the new Buyer’s name as the domain name Registrant. Once this has been verified, Escrow.com releases payment to the Seller.
Escrow.com also provides a Domain Concierge Service to ensure the domain name escrow is smooth.
- Peace of mind, security, and convenience
- Assured domain name transfer prior to paying Seller
- Ability to confirm domain ownership directly with the registrar before the Seller is paid
- Ability to pay by wire transfer and in some cases PayPal, check, money order, or credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express) Restrictions Apply
- Ability to send credit card information to a financial institution, not a stranger
- Easy access to live customer support by phone or email